What is your reading goal this year?

Friday, October 17, 2014

Quotable Quotes

Quotable Quotes

I have wanted to start a segment like this for a long time! I think reading is so important, and I love all things reading, including quotes about reading and the importance of it. I found this quote in a book that I will review next week, and I loved it. Actually, that book has many quotes and lots of information that I will be using later on. I will start with this quote though, because I loved it!

"To acquire the habit of reading is to construct for yourself a refuge from almost all the miseries of life."
~W. Somerset Maugham
(Taken from page 19 of The Book Whisperer by Donalyn Miller) 


How many times have you turned to a book to escape? I know I have! I love that reading helps calm my anxieties and allows me to go back to reality with a fresh perspective, more patience, and a clear head. Is there a book that you turn to over and over when times get tough, or will any book help?

Happy Reading!!

No comments: