What is your reading goal this year?

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

The Chocolate Touch


The Chocolate Touch by Patrick Skene Catling

Blurb: 

"John Midas loves chocolate. He loves it so much that he'll eat it any hour of any day. He doesn't care if he ruins his appetite. He thinks chocolate is better than any other food! But one day, after wandering into a candy store and buying a piece of their best chocolate, John finds out that there might just be such a thing as too much chocolate....."

My Review:

Too much chocolate? No! I don't think so! Or, at least I didn't think so....until I read this book! Unfortunately, John has to learn the hard way that there is such a thing as too much chocolate! Bummer, right? I mean, who wants to eat broccoli instead of chocolate? No one! This is a cute story. It's so fun, and it teaches a good lesson too. It's well written, engaging, has good character development, and my kids loved it (I started reading it to my girls-7 and 9, and my boys, 13 and 11, joined us...they loved it too!). It's a great read-aloud! And, I guess even the big kiddos enjoy it! I loved the descriptions in this book; I could just picture the expressions on the characters' faces, and almost taste that delectable chocolate. And what is even better? This book is totally clean; there is no profanity, violence, or "intimacy" (Yay!).

Rating: G (Totally clean!!!)

Recommendation: Everyone! This book is especially great for all the chocoholics out there..... :)


No comments: