What is your reading goal this year?

Thursday, March 31, 2016

10 Amazing World War II Stories

Today I thought I'd switch things up a bit!
(I know, it's unlike me...spring fever maybe??)


My 10 Favorite World War II Stories
(Nonfiction and Fiction)
(In no particular order...Click on the Picture to Read My Review)

1. All The Light We Cannot See
by
Anthony Doerr


2. The Boys in the Boat
by
Daniel James Brown


3.  The Monuments Men
by
Robert M. Edsel

(Ok, this may not have been my favorite book, but the story of what these men did was amazing.) 


4. The Book Thief
by
Markus Zusak

5.  Unbroken
by
Laura Hillenbrand

6.  A Woman's Place
by
Lynn Austin

7.  The Diary of Anne Frank
by
Anne Frank

(I have read this book several times, but not since I started my blog -gasp!- so I don't have a review....I'll need to get on that!)


8.  The Hiding Place
by
Corrie Ten Boom


9.  Man's Search For Meaning
by
Viktor E. Frankl

(I have also read and loved this book, but I have not reviewed it....yet!)


10. When The Emperor Was Divine
by
Julie Otsuka

(I didn't love this book, but it was VERY eye-opening.)

And Bonus!

11.  The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society
by
Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows


Each of these books highlights a different aspect of World War II. Some of them are fiction and some of them are nonfiction, but whether it is true or not, each brings a different piece of the war to light. There are people in internment camps, people trying to hide Jews in their homes, and a Japanese-American family inside an internment camp here in the United States. There is a story about what the women in the United States did at home during the war and how they helped the efforts, and there's a story of how the war affected a little girl and her family in Germany. I have laughed, cried, gotten angry, and learned so much from these books. I hope they touch you as they have touched me. 

Do you have any other favorite WWII books? Comment below, I'd love to read them!












No comments: