What is your reading goal this year?

Monday, August 8, 2016

Reading Roundup

Today I wanted to be a little different in my book reviews; I'm going to sit back, relax, and let others do all the work for me! I'm going to do my first "Reading Roundup." I have links to five book reviews on other sites. It will be a little different because they don't rate the books for content like I do, but they are all good reviews. What I also like is that the topics have a broad range, and they are  all books I have never heard about. I wish I could review every book out there, but since it's just me and my hobby, there is no way! 
I hope you enjoy today's Reading Roundup! Let me know what you think in the comments below! 

The Worst Journey in the World 

by Apsley Cherry-Garrard


I like this one because I have just barely started running. At the beginning of the summer I had been walking every day, but I got embarrassed because a bunch of my friends would run right past me as I was walking. So, I gave in to peer pressure and started running. I only run about three miles a day, but I'm proud of myself. This book isn't about running, but it's an inspirational tale about an expedition to Antarctica that had an impact in his life. 

2.  Do Good Work: 
The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide To Personal Freedom by Don Miguel Ruiz

She reviews this book saying that it would be great as a business book as well as a self-help book. 

The Importance of Music to Girls by Lavinia Greenlaw

If you like music, it sounds like this book is for you, especially if you are a woman. 

She reviews many "Inspiring Self-Help Books For Women"

She has put together an amazing list of inspirational self-help books for women. This is part one, so she said she will be adding more as well! 

The Code of the Extraordinary Mind by Vishen Lakhiani

This sounds like a very deep, yet inspirational, story that teaches you how to live your own life and not be tied to habits or rules. 

So there you have it! If you read any of these let me know in the comments what you think!

2 comments:

Jacqueline Wolven said...

Thank you for including my review of The Four Agreements! I love how in-depth your blog is about reading. As a SUPER reader I will be totally checking this out! - @JackieWolven

Unknown said...

Thank you Jackie! I will definitely be checking out your blog more often as well, it is very well done. Thanks for the book review.