What is your reading goal this year?

Sunday, February 3, 2013

When a Dragon Moves In


When a Dragon Moves In by Jodi Moore

(Summary taken from the inside book jacket) "If you build a perfect sandcastle, a dragon will move in--and that's exactly what happens to one very lucky boy on the beach. The boy and his dragon brave the waves, roast marshmallows, roam the shore, and have a perfectly amazing time together. but when the boy tries to share the news of his magnificent dragon, no one believes him. That's when the mischief begins. The dragon devours every last sandwich, blows bubbles in the lemonade, and leaves claw prints in the brownies. Is there really a dragon running around on the beach, or is someone's imagination running wild?"

My daughter brought this book home from the school library a few days ago, and I was hooked from the first page. The illustrations are amazing! Brightly colored pages draw you in, and you stare, captivated, until the end. And, then you want more. It's a really cute story, and it hit home for me because my sons loved dragons when they were little. I could totally see this happening to my oldest. And, I could understand each and every reaction from the parents. I could also see myself in the sister. Hahaha. I know it's hard to believe, but I have been accused of being a bit too serious at times. I need a few more dragons in my castles sometimes! I may need to purchase this book! I just want to read it over and over.

Yes, I love this book, and yes, I wholeheartedly recommend it!

Rating: G (Clean!!!)

Recommendation: Great for everyone 0 to 125!

No comments: