What is your reading goal this year?

Thursday, November 9, 2017

[Book Review] Adventurers Wanted: Sands of Nezza (Book #4) by M.L. Forman

Adventurers Wanted: Sands of Nezza (Book #4) by M.L. Forman
Picture from amazon.com


Adventurers Wanted: Sands of Nezza (Book #4)
by
M. L. Forman

Blurb:

"After hundreds of years without a true king, the desert land of Nezza is in danger of falling under the rule of a ruthless lord advised by an evil wizard with dark intentions. A desperate cry for help brings Alexander Taylor to this perilous land and sets events in motion that will require him to rescue an old friend from an impenetrable dungeon. Once in Nezza, Alex meets a new band of adventurers and joins them in their quest to find young Prince Rallian--the man destined to become the rightful king of Nezza. In their path lies a deadly sand monster, a wise and insightful oracle, a massive army of illusions, and a host of lords and leaders ready to fight for--and against--the king of their land. But a dark shadow threatens Alex's every step. And in Nezza, a land where magic is feared and wizards are held in suspicion, Alex will have to be more wise and cunning than ever before if he and his friends are to succeed--or even survive."

My Review:

At first I wanted to be an adventurer...after reading this book, I'm not so sure! Eeek! I think I'm too big of a wuss! I would NOT want to be captured by an evil lord and kept in an impenetrable dungeon! I wouldn't want to come face to face with a scary sand monster! I wouldn't want to fight against an evil lord's army, and I wouldn't want to try and broker a peace treaty with warring peoples. Sheesh! I WOULD, however, want to read about it! I would love to read all about it from the comfort of my couch and my warm, snugly blanket! Of course, I could do that all day! Sometimes by the time you get to book #4 in a series, you can tell that the author is just done. The writing goes downhill, the characters don't act like themselves, etc. That is definitely not the case with this book! I love how creative this series still is, how Alex is still learning and growing, and how the underlying plot is still there, and maybe even becoming more apparent. Alex's humility is refreshing, and even though he's a pretty big deal, you wouldn't know it by talking to him. It was fun to see Skeld again, and I liked many of the new characters, especially Rallian and Virgil. Stonebill was a fun character as well. I laughed every time I though of Alex talking to Stonebill, and I laughed even harder when I thought of how it looked to his friends. This book is full of action, lots of magic, a slight romance, and a good amount of mystery. It's well written, the character development is very good, and it is a great addition to this fun series.

Rating: PG+ (There is no profanity and no "intimacy."There is, however, quite a bit of violence. They are in the middle of a war, so there's a lot of fighting. A few main characters die, and a bunch of others die as well. The deaths are not overly graphic, but some of them are sad.)

Recommendation: 4th-5th grade and up (Perfect for middle-graders and YA)

Adventurers Wanted Series:
(Click on the images to find out more about each book!)

Adventurers Wanted: Slathbog's Gold (Book #1) by M.L. Forman
Book #1
Adventurers Wanted: The Horn of Moran (Book #2) by M.L. Forman
Book #2
Adventurers Wanted: Albrek's Tomb (Book #3) by M.L. Forman
Book #3

Adventurers Wanted: Sands of Nezza (Book #4) by M.L. Forman
Book #4

No comments: