What is your reading goal this year?

Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Last Battle (Book #7)


The Last Battle by C.S. Lewis (Book #7)
(Summary taken from the back of the book) "The Unicorn says that humans are brought to Narnia when Narnia is stirred and upset. And Narnia is in trouble now: A false Aslan roams the land. Narnia's only hope is that Eustace and Jill, old friends of Narnia, will be able to find the true Aslan and restore peace to the land. Their task is a difficult one because, as the Centaur says, 'The stars never lie, but Men and Beasts do.' Who is the real Aslan and who is the imposter? Will we be forced to bid farewell to Narnia forever?"
I loved this book! I thought it brought everything together really well. I thought the symbolism was really good in this book, and I just loved how it ended. It explained everything well, had action and symbolism, and was well written. I was sad when I finished the series, but it was so good! I highly recommed the whole series! I think it is good for everyone, as I have said before. The older kids will understand it better, especially the symbolism.

Rated: PG

Recommendation: 12 and Up, 9 or 10 if read as a read-a-loud.

No comments: