What is your reading goal this year?

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Pandemonium (Book #2)


Pandemonium (Book #2) by Lauren Oliver

(Summary taken from amazon.com)
"The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence, behind a wall of smoke and flame.
In this electrifying follow-up to her acclaimed New York Times bestseller Delirium, Lauren Oliver sets Lena on a dangerous course that hurtles through the unregulated Wilds and into the heart of a growing resistance movement. This riveting, brilliant novel crackles with the fire of fierce defiance, forbidden romance, and the sparks of a revolution about to ignite."

Wow....wow. What else do I say? If you liked Delirium, you need to read Pandemonium! I was so mad at Lena throughout this whole book! I could NOT believe that she just left Alex at the fence at the end of Delirium. Ugh. Stupid girl. She didn't even look back. And throughout this whole book she just assumes he is dead. But he's not, right? I mean.....he's tough and smart....he got away, right??? AAhhhhhhh!! This book is full of twists, turns, and surprises. Lena joins the resistance and does ok. She meets a lot of new people, and gets captured. I didn't like the story line as much as I did the first book, but it was still a page turner and I read it in a day or so. Like I said, Lena drove me crazy in this book. I did like the growth she experienced, and I liked that she became stronger as a person. She learned to think for herself, which was really good. I didn't really know what to think of Julian. I never knew if I should trust him or not. And I kind of felt the same way about Raven. I think she was good, but there was a side of her that I didn't trust. I think part of it was that they didn't really trust each other. None of them did. They had to band together to survive, but it was as if they had to  prove themselves trustworthy every day.

There is a lot of violence in this book, and some of it is quite graphic. There is also profanity, including several "f" words. There is some kissing, but no real intimacy scenes. This is NOT a YA approved book. I did like it. I read it in a day or so. If you liked the first book, you really need to read this one!

Rating: R (This does not follow the movie ratings exactly, it is just my way of saying it is not appropriate for younger readers.) Profanity, including the "f" word, lots of violence, kissing.

Recommendation: 18 and up.

No comments: