What is your reading goal this year?

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Breaking Dawn

Breaking Dawn by: Stephenie Meyer This is book number four in the Twilight Series. This book is definitely not appropriate for young adults!!!! In this book Bella and Edward get married, and then do what married people do. Fine for me, maybe, but I do not want my girls reading it as young adults. There are jokes about them being "intimate" and very detailed descriptions about the aftermath (which is nothing like reality....but a young girl would not know that). Bella becomes pregnant, and everyone except her and Rose want to abort the "thing." Once again, not really something I want a young girl reading. The story is strange but good, and it keeps you reading. Bella's continuing relationship with Jacob still drives me crazy. I was worried when I started reading, but the ending made it all come together for me. I really liked the ending. Sorry for my strong opinions on this one. The other day I heard a 12-yr-old say she was reading it and I just cringed...

 Rated: PG-13 to R (For language and very adult themes, physical intimacy)

Recommendation: Married and Up. I do not want my young girls to think that "physical intimacy" or being pregnant are in any way like they are in this book. This is NOT for young adults!

No comments: