What is your reading goal this year?

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The DaVinci Code


The DaVinci Code
by: Dan Brown
This is a definite thriller that keeps you reading. The curator of the Louvre Museum in Paris is killed and left in a strange way. American professor Robert Langdon is awakened by the French police at his hotel room. They ask for his help. He goes to the Louvre and finds the curator. There starts his adventure. The police accuse him of the murder and Sophie Neveu, a cryptographer, helps him escape. They go together to put the pieces of the mystery together. They run into many twists and turns along the way, and eventually find out why they were both picked for this adventure. I really liked this book. I had watched the movie first, so some of the surprises weren't surprises, but it was really good. I also read it after the mass frenzy, so my expectations weren't as high.
Rated: PG

Recommendation: 16 and Up

2 comments:

Apron Appeal said...

I read this book after I saw the movie too. I just knew that the movie wasn't telling the entire story and I HAD to know it, so I borrowed a book on the way home from the movie theater. Although the drama of the story was intense, it was the backstory I was more interested in. It just so happened that I read this at the right time in my life and it opened my mind to how I view....well, almost everything. I loved this book.

www.sewmanybooks.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I never saw the movie of this book but I read the book and absolutely loved it! I have an obsession with Dan Brown and his books as they are just so exciting and sooooo creative.
Short but sweet review! I like it! XD