What is your reading goal this year?

Monday, April 27, 2009

Twilight


Twilight
by: Stephenie Meyer
A high school student named Bella moves from Arizona to Forks, Washington to live with her father. She meets a beautiful guy named Edward, who turns out to be a vampire. She falls desperately in love with him. Luckily, he lives with his "family" and they are good vampires. They feed from animals, not humans. This book goes through many of the trials that their love affair causes. I loved this book! It is kind of hard to summarize, as it sounds kind of silly when you put it that way, but I thought it was really good. I'm one for sappy love stories, though. And I just found Edward very intriguing. Stephenie Meyer has a very good imagination and, I think, wrote it very well. It is technically a young adult book and is therefore a very fast read, even with its 500 pages. As I said, it is a young adult book....I do not think I will allow my girls to read it until they are older (college age, maybe). It does have some adult themes in it. And if this one doesn't as much, the following ones do more. The problem is, once you start the series, you're hooked, and the following books are not young adult appropriate (in my humble opinion).
Rated: PG-13

Recommendation: Married and Up. The series is NOT for young adults or young girls. Parents, please read it first. Don't give in to your daughters. The last book in this series is not appropriate at all for young adults.

1 comment:

Apron Appeal said...

My favorite is when readers say that they didn't really like the book. My followup question is always...did you read the next one? They always say, "YES!" and then they proceed to tell me all about the entire series. I keep thinking...it can't be that bad if you read every book...in five days!